If you have a recent problem with your eyes, you can be assessed and treated by the local Minor Eye Conditions Service and be treated by an optician.
Conditions that can be seen by this service include:
- Red eye or eyelids
- Dry eye, or gritty and uncomfortable eyes
- Irritation and inflammation of the eye
- Significant recent sticky discharge from the eye or watery eye
- In growing eyelashes
- Recently occurring flashes or floaters
- Recent and sudden loss of vision
- Foreign body in the eye
This service is free of charge and is for adults and children. Children under 16 years must be accompanied at their appointment by an adult.
The service is offered by local opticians at locations across Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale.
Appointments are available during normal working hours and some practices offer appointment at weekends.
Please note: this is not a walk-in service and patients require an appointment
To find your nearest participating optician click here